A. Essence of the Consecration
The word 'consecrate' means to set apart for holy purposes. When we consecrate ourselves to the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary we are OFFERING TO THEM UNRESERVEDLY ALL THAT WE ARE AND ALL THAT WE DO AND ALL THAT WE HAVE — our thoughts, words, actions, joys and sufferings; our past, present and future; every breath that we draw and every beat of our hearts at every moment of our lives so that whether we work or eat or sleep or pray, all that we are and have and do is offered to Their Hearts AS A HOLOCAUST OF PURE LOVE.
St. Margaret Mary expressed it very beautifully when she said:
This total dedication and consecration can best be summed up in those two magnificent words spoken by Pope John Paul II in describing his own consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary — TOTUS TUUS ("All Yours")
This consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary is actually a renewal of our Baptismal Promises to renounce Satan and all of his empty promises and to follow Jesus Christ unreservedly.
Scripture is replete with similar exhortations:
B. Desired Effects of this Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary
1. Holiness of Life.
The best proof we can have that we truly love the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, and that we are truly devoted and consecrated to Them is by the effects which that love and devotion and consecration produce. THE MORE ARDENT THE LOVE AND THE MORE TOTAL THE CONSECRATION, THE MORE PROFOUND WILL BE THE EFFECTS. Jesus said:
It is important to realize that Jesus has given us His Sacred Heart and His Mother's Immaculate Heart not only to be our rule of life, but as St. John Eudes so aptly put it, to also be
This immense privilege should help us to 'enter into Their Hearts' and perform all of our actions with the holy intentions and motivations which are Theirs. We should try to 'enter into' the love, charity, purity, humility and holiness of Their Hearts so that in all that we are and all that we do we may be filled with Their holy dispositions. St. Margaret Mary stated it very clearly when she said:
As the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a 'perfect' image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, WE SHOULD STRIVE TO MAKE OUR HEARTS LIVING IMAGES OF HIS. St. John Eudes described this wonderfully when he wrote:
But in order for this to happen, we must 'DIE TO OURSELVES' — to that fallen human nature inherited from Adam. St. Louis de Montfort warned us in his classic, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin:
Jesus Himself also gave us this admonition when He warned:
St. Margaret Mary wrote:
It is clear that we must cleanse our hearts from evil and turn away from all sin. We must fervently ask Jesus to purify us and uproot the evil inclinations in the depths of our hearts while we shun the vanities and seductions of this world and avoid the occasions of sin.
Scripture reaffirms this. Jesus said:
At the same time we must implore the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary to take full possession of our hearts and make them truly one with Theirs — having the same thoughts, desires, motivations, attitudes, sentiments and virtues as Theirs. St. John Eudes wrote:
St. Margaret Mary stated:
Many scripture passages speak of OUR TRANSFORMATION IN CHRIST:
IN OUR ENDEAVOR TO FORM OUR HEARTS INTO THE IMAGE OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS, WE MUST LOOK TO THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY — the only heart of a mere creature to be formed 'totally' into the image of His Heart. St. Louis de Montfort called Her the
Therefore, in order that our hearts may become like the Sacred Heart of Jesus, let us pour them into the mould of Mary, and let us ask the Sacred Heart of Jesus to plunge them, as it were, into His Own Heart, as He did that of St. Gertrude and St. Margaret Mary and many of the other saints, for according to St. John Eudes it is
2. We Manifest Our Love for Them and Make Reparation to Them.
By true devotion and consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary we manifest our love for Them and make reparation for the offenses and indifferences which are committed against Them. It was above all to manifest His burning love for us that the Sacred Heart of Jesus appeared to St. Margaret Mary asking for a return of love. It was on the Feast of St. John the Evangelist in 1673 that He came to her and said:
In His second great vision He complained of the ingratitude with which His burning love was repaid, and said:
In a heart rendering plea, He said,
He asked her to receive Him in Holy Communion on nine consecutive First Fridays in a spirit of love and reparation to 'repair' for the sins of the world.
On June 13, 1917, when Our Lady appeared at Fatima, She opened Her hands and in front of Her right hand was a heart encircled by thorns which appeared to have pierced It. Lucia said,
On December 10, 1925, the Blessed Mother and the Child Jesus appeared to Sister Lucia. Jesus said to her:
Then the Blessed Mother said to her:
In the vision of the Most Holy Trinity with the Immaculate Heart of Mary, which took place on June 13, 1929, Our Lady not only requested the papal consecration of Russia in union with the bishops of the world. She also asked for reparation.
INDEED, IT WOULD BE FOOLHARDY TO BELIEVE THAT ALL IS WELL WITH THE WORLD. The day after the papal consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary at Fatima in 1982, Sister Lucia is reported to have said that it would have its effect, BUT IN ORDER TO OBTAIN WORLD PEACE, THE 'APOSTLES' OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA WOULD HAVE MUCH WORK TO DO.
We are well aware that, the forces of evil rage on every side escalating crime and violence and revolution and murder of the unborn; proliferating nuclear weapons throughout the world; destroying homes and families and immortal souls; mocking God and His Holy Church and the vicar of Jesus Christ on earth.
We are reminded of Jesus' message to Sister Lucia in 1939 when He commanded her to ask incessantly for Holy Communions of Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary because the sins of the world were so great that the time would come when His justice would fall upon the world.
Dare we hesitate any longer? Dare we continue to ignore the requests of the Most Loving Hearts of Jesus and Mary?
We have witnessed God's power in the dissolution of the Communist Empire in Europe. Can we not expect to witness even greater marvels of His love if we not only consecrate ourselves totally and forever to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, but also prove our love for them by fulfilling Their requests — receiving Holy Communion on nine consecutive First Fridays
in a spirit of reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and by going to confession, receiving Holy Communion, praying five decades of the rosary and meditating for fifteen minutes on its mysteries on five consecutive First Saturdays — all with the intention of making reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
CLEARLY, NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE REPARATION TO THESE TWO MOST LOVING HEARTS IN ORDER TO BRING THE 'ERA OF PEACE' WHICH OUR LADY OF FATIMA PROMISED WHEN SHE SAID THAT HER IMMACULATE HEART WOULD TRIUMPH IN THE END AND AN 'ERA OF PEACE' WOULD BE ACCORDED TO THE WORLD. WE KNOW THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN WHEN THE HEART OF HER DIVINE SON REIGNS IN HEARTS EVERYWHERE.
What a privilege it is to make reparation to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary by our love and consecration to Them. Jesus told St. Margaret Mary:
3. Love for One's Neighbor and Unity Among People.
Pope Pius XII wrote in Haurietis Aquas:
We know that Jesus said that the two greatest Commandments were love of God and love of neighbor. (Matt. 22:37-40) He also said:
Thus, a most important and practical consequence of true devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary should be a true love of our neighbor and unity among us. St. Peter wrote:
The entire thirteenth chapter of 1 Corinthians expresses this love and closes with these striking words:
St. Margaret Mary wrote:
Pope Pius X11 wrote that "the practice of devotion to the Heart of Jesus (is) . . . the source of unity, salvation and peace."  This is so precisely because It is the source and symbol of love.
4. We Become Channels of The Divine Mercy.
We discover that devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus finds fitting expression in the devotion to the Divine Mercy, FOR THAT SACRED HEART IS THE FOUNTAIN OF INFINITE LOVE AND MERCY POURED OUT UPON THE WORLD.
On February 22, 1931, Jesus appeared to Blessed Faustina Kowalska with two rays emanating from His Heart — one red and the other pale. He explained to her that these rays signified the Blood which is the life of souls and the water which cleanses them:
The Immaculate Heart of Mary, immersed in the Heart of Her Divine Son has the GREATEST CAPACITY OF ANY PURELY HUMAN HEART TO CONTAIN AND TO DISTRIBUTE THE DIVINE MERCY flowing from His Heart. Hence, we fittingly bestow upon Her the awesome title of 'Mother of Mercy.' She Herself confirmed this when She appeared one day to Blessed Faustina and said,
In some way our hearts, too, must mirror Her Heart as we immerse them in the Sacred Heart of Jesus where we will experience His unfathomable mercy towards us and towards the whole world. We must also trust in His Mercy and become messengers of it to a sinful generation laden with guilt which often despairs of divine forgiveness.
GOING EVEN FURTHER, OUR HEARTS, IN SOME WAY MIRRORING THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY, MUST ALSO BECOME CHANNELS OF HIS DIVINE MERCY FLOWING OUT FROM US TO OTHERS IN DEEDS. OF MERCY.
Jesus told Blessed Faustina:
In Scripture it is recorded that we will be judged on this very point. Jesus told His followers that when He comes in majesty for the final judgment, He shall separate the sheep from the goats. To the sheep on His right, He shall say,
As we fulfill His command, then our world will begin to be progressively transformed into what Pope John Paul II has referred to as "a 'civilization of love' founded on the universal values of peace, solidarity, justice and liberty, which find their full attainment in Christ"  — a civilization based on the Gospel of Life to counteract the 'culture of death' so prevalent today and to overcome the 'crisis of civilization' caused by its alienation from God.
5. We Become `Apostles' of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
When we consecrate ourselves totally to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary we desire Them to triumph and reign not only in our hearts and homes and lives, But ALSO IN THE HEARTS AND HOMES AND LIVES OF ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE AND IN ALL THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD. Ours are the sentiments of Pope St. Pius X when he exclaimed,
Pope John Paul II clearly emphasized the urgent necessity for a "new evangelization" as we enter the third millennium — a proclamation of the Gospel attuned to the needs of a new generation and a response to the new challenges faced by the Church in the contemporary world.
The new evangelization must reach entire peoples and nations once rich in faith but which have lost their Christian heritage and have become progressively de-christianized in recent times. It must also reach large sectors of the world which have never been won for the Heart of Jesus Christ.
He assured us that the new evangelization
— as St. Francis of Assisi put it so aptly many centuries ago when he asserted that the faith is never taught but rather caught.
Hence, we see the absolute necessity of our total consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary and the absolute necessity of allowing Their Hearts to triumph and reign in us and through us. LIKEWISE, WE SEE THE ABSOLUTE NECESSITY OF COMMITTING OURSELVES AS 'APOSTLES' OF THEIR HEARTS IN ORDER TO EXTEND THEIR TRIUMPH AND REIGN.
May our hearts so burn with the desire to make Them known and loved that we will cry out with St. Margaret Mary:
THEN INDEED, WE CAN BE HOPEFUL THAT THE THIRD MILLENNIUM WILL WITNESS THE TRIUMPH AND REIGN OF THE HEARTS OF JESUS AND MARY IN ALL HEARTS EVERYWHERE!
6. The Twelve Promises.
In conclusion, we may say that there are countless effects and consequences of true devotion to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary too numerous to elaborate on here, but many of them are included in the Twelve Promises of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary for those devoted to His Sacred Heart:
(1) I WILL GIVE THEM ALL THE GRACES NECESSARY IN THEIR STATE OF LIFE.
(2) I WILL ESTABLISH PEACE IN THEIR HOUSES.
(3) I WILL COMFORT THEM IN ALL THEIR AFFLICTIONS.
(4) I WILL BE THEIR SECURE REFUGE DURING LIFE, AND ABOVE ALL IN DEATH.
(5) I WILL BESTOW A LARGE BLESSING UPON ALL THEIR UNDERTAKINGS.
(6) SINNERS SHALL FIND IN MY HEART THE SOURCE AND THE INFINITE OCEAN OF MERCY.
(7) TEPID SOULS SHALL GROW FERVENT.
(8) FERVENT SOULS SHALL QUICKLY MOUNT TO HIGH PERFECTION.
(9) I WILL BLESS EVERY PLACE WHERE A PICTURE OF MY HEART SHALL BE SET UP AND HONORED.
(10) I WILL GIVE TO PRIESTS THE GIFT OF TOUCHING THE MOST HARDENED HEARTS.
(11) THOSE WHO SHALL PROMOTE THIS DEVOTION SHALL HAVE THEIR NAMES WRITTEN IN MY HEART, NEVER TO BE BLOT ED OUT.
(12) I PROMISE THEE IN THE EXCESSIVE MERCY OF MY HEART THAT MY ALL-POWERFUL LOVE WILL GRANT TO ALL THOSE WHO COMMUNICATE (RECEIVE HOLY COMMUNION) ON THE FIRST FRIDAY IN NINE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS THE GRACE OF FINAL PENITENCE. THEY SHALL NOT DIE IN MY DISGRACE NOR WITHOUT RECEIVING THE SACRAMENTS. MY DIVINE HEART SHALL BE THEIR SAFE REFUGE IN THIS LAST MOMENT.
Pope Pius XII summed up the effects of this Devotion when he wrote:
St. Margaret Mary wrote,
Pope Benedict XV stated that the Enthronement is
This definition was repeated verbatim by Pope Pius XI and Pope Pius XII. It is important to realize that the Enthronement is not just a beautiful ceremony. It is an outward visible recognition and sign of the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in our hearts and homes and lives.
According to Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC., the Enthronement signified a "DEVOTION TO THE SACRED HEART WHICH LED TO THE TRANSFORMATION OF ONE'S ENTIRE LIFE." 
In a letter written by Pope Benedict XV to Father Mateo, the Holy Father said, in speaking of the Enthronement, that
Pope Paul VI, in a letter dated May 25, 1965, to the Superiors of Religious Orders dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus wrote:
From all of this it can be seen that the Enthronement in our homes must bring about an INTERIOR CONVERSION IN OUR HEARTS AND AN ENTIRE TRANSFORMATION IN OUR LIVES WHICH WILL MANIFEST ITSELF IN OUR DAILY CONDUCT, THEREBY GLORIFYING THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS AND GIVING WITNESS TO THE GOSPEL IN A GODLESS SOCIETY. And this is just what is happening. Many beautiful testimonies of changed lives and spiritual transformation are given by those who have had their homes enthroned.
Wonderfully in recent years there has also been a movement to enshrine the Image of the Heart of Mary in not only homes, but in parishes, schools, hospitals, businesses, prisons, dioceses and nations as well — with consecration to Both Hearts. THIS IS A LIVING PROOF THAT THEY DESIRE TO EXTEND THEIR TRIUMPH AND REIGN TO ALL HEARTS EVERYWHERE!
Part V: PRACTICES WHICH FOSTER DEVOTION TO
Besides the Enthronement, some practices which are very important in fostering true devotion to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary (they are not the devotion which as we have seen is interior, but are means of fostering it) would include the following:
1. Participating in daily Mass and receiving the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus in Holy Communion.
2. Making a Daily Holy Hour in the Presence of the Blessed Sacrament or if that is not possible, in one's home.
3. Taking part in an All-Night Vigil between the First Friday and the First Saturday of each month.
4. Going to Mass and receiving Holy Communion in a spirit of reparation on nine consecutive First Fridays and Five Consecutive First Saturdays as well as fulfilling Our Lady's other First Saturday requests.
5. Praying the Morning Offering devoutly as a renewal of our consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
6. Praying the Rosary daily while meditating on the Mysteries in the lives of Jesus and Mary in order to practice the virtues so evident in Their lives.
7. Wearing the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel as a sign of our consecration to Her and as a continual renewal of it.
8. Wearing the Miraculous Medal (of the Immaculate Conception) which has the image of the Two Hearts on the reverse side, as a sign of our consecration to them.
Hopefully, as we participate in these practices we will become 'apostles' of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary by doing all that we can to encourage others to join in them with us.
1. After the National Consecration of the Philippines to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary in 1987, an international effort emanates from there to promote devotion to the Two Hearts.
2. In 1992, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles was solemnly and officially consecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. It was reconsecrated in 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1996.
3. A Cardinal and several Philippine Bishops endorsed The Two Hearts Media Organization to disseminate the wish of Jesus for Communions of reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and to place devotion to Her Heart alongside devotion to His Heart. In 1993, they founded an international magazine entitled "The Voice of the Sacred Hearts."
4. In 1993, a Grand Alliance was formed to unite all Marian and Sacred Heart religious organizations in the U.S, Caribbean, Asian and European Nations.
5. In 1993, the Center for the Hearts of Jesus and Mary was opened in Hollywood, California.
6. In 1993, the Enthronement took place at Franciscan University in Steubenville, Ohio with individual consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
7. In May of 1993 the Cathedral and Archdiocese of Sarajevo were officially consecrated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
They had previously been consecrated. to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
In 1994, a number of Roman Catholic organizations in the United States that have Sacred Heart and/or Immaculate Heart apostolates formed the Apostolate Alliance of the Two Hearts to promote devotion to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary by a united effort.
In 1994, Latin American bishops formed a commission to promote the Alliance of the Two Hearts in twenty-two Latin American countries.
10. In August, 1994 before the Cairo Conference, the continent of Africa was consecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
11. In 1994, the International Holy Family Year Congress Commission on the Alliance of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary, made the following resolutions — that the church seriously consider a liturgical feast for the Alliance of the Two Hearts, honoring Them side by side on the same day; that the image of the Two Hearts be enthroned in every home; that national information and coordinating centers be established to promote the Alliance of the Two Hearts and the Five First Saturdays program.
12. In 1994, an International Congress on the Alliance of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary was held in Dublin, Ireland.
13. In 1994, during the International Holy Family Year Congress, bishops from five continents consecrated themselves to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
14. In May of 1995, the International Theological Pastoral Convention on the Alliance of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary was held in Rome declaring the Alliance of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary to be the "Core and Foundation of our faith."
15. In February of 1996, when the International Pilgrim Virgin Statue visited Cebu, Leyte and Samar in the Philippines, Two Hearts Seminars were held in conjunction with this event.
Homes, parishes, religious organizations and congregations were reconsecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary and pledged to make the daily and monthly Communion of Reparation as Our Lady had requested.
16. In the spring of 1996 the Documents of the "International Theological Pastoral Convention on the Alliance of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary" held in Rome in May of 1995 were published in a book entitled Alliance of the Two Hearts, The Core of Our Faith.
17. In the new millennium, as an Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, millions of people are now sending their names to be placed on a computer disc and put into "the Heart" of Her statue at the Queen of the World Center in Fatima, Portugal.
Send your name to:
Queen of the World Center
NOW, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD MILLENNIUM, IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE AGE OF THE HEARTS OF JESUS AND MARY. We know that at Paray-le-Monial in the seventeenth century the Sacred Heart of Jesus assured St. Margaret Mary that He would reign through His Heart, in spite of His enemies. At Fatima in the twentieth century, the Blessed Virgin Mary assured the children that Her Immaculate Heart would triumph in the end.
By our true devotion and consecration to these Two Hearts we can hasten the day of Their final triumph and reign! As we allow Them to triumph and reign ever more and more in our own hearts and lives, we can help extend Their triumph and reign in the hearts and lives of people everywhere.
Then in the midst of a godless age we will give witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We will manifest His Heart to an unbelieving generation which will know that He lives and reigns because it will see Him living and reigning in us — hopefully in some way as He lives and reigns in the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Jesus told us:
St. Paul admonished us to
Then the Hearts of Jesus and Mary will be able to say of us what St. Paul wrote to the Corinthians:
Let us pray together this beautiful prayer of St. John Eudes:
Let us also pray together this beautiful prayer of Cardinal Newman:
In conclusion, let us consecrate ourselves totally and forever to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
O Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
O Heart of Mary living in Jesus
Our sins pierced Your loving Heart, O Jesus
Triumph, rule and reign, O Hearts beloved
So the earth may resound from pole to pole
WE CONSECRATE OURSELVES TO YOU FOREVER
For Further Information:
1) To order copies of the booklet on which this webpage is based or other materials please use the link: Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
2) To learn more about the Fatima Message, the First Saturday Program of Reparation, to subscribe to Soul, magazine or to order the Home Enthronement Kit, please contact:
World Apostolate of Fatima
3) To subscribe to The Voice of the Sacred Hearts magazine, or to order the book Alliance of the Two Hearts, The Core of Our Faith, please contact:
Two Hearts Media Organization
(302) 678-3246 Fax or Phone
Part I: NECESSITY OF TRUE DEVOTION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS
1. Lanspergius (Legatus Divine Pietatis Lib. IV, Cap. IV) quoted in Jean Croiset, SJ, The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, p. 72.
2. Margaret Trouncer, The Nun, p. 181.
3. Father Francis Larkin, SS.CC:, Signs of Salvation, p. 9.
4. Ibid., p. 18.
5. Ibid., p. 28:
6. Pope Paul Vi, Appendix of Haurietis Aquas, p. 54.
7. Pope Paul Vi, quoted in Father Francis Larkin, Understanding the Heart, p. 5.
8. Pope John Paul II, Letter of John Paul on the Sacred Heart on the Occasion of the Third Centenary of the Death of St. Margaret Mary, 1990.
9. Pope Leo XIII, Annum Sacrum: Acts Leonis, Vol. XIX, 1900, p. 79, quoted in Father Francis Larkin, Understanding the Heart, p. 20.
Part II . THE TWO HEARTS
1. Pope Pius XII, Haurietis Aquas, #21.
2. Ibid., #22
3 Ibid., #106-107
4. Ibid., #100.
5. Ibid., #123, #124.
6. Pope Leo XIII, Annum Sacrum, quoted by Pope Pius XII in Haurietis Aquas, #14.
7. Pope Pius XI, Miserentissimiis Redemptor, XX, 1928, p. 167, quoted by Pope Pius XII in Haurietis Aquas, #15.
8. Pope Benedict XV quoted in Father Marcel Bocquet, SS.CC., The Firebrand, p. 76.
9. Pope Pius XII, Haurietis Aquas, #69, #86, #109, #113.
10. Pope John XXIII, Journal of a Soul, quoted in Father Francis Larkin, Understanding the Heart, p. 34.
11. Pope Paul VI, Appendix of Haurietis Aquas, pp. 53-54.
12. Pope John Paul II quoted in The Love of Christ as Made Known at Paray-le-Monial, p. 24.
13. Eudes, The Admirable Heart of Mary, p. 194.
14. Sister Lucia, Memoirs, p. 337
15. Sister Lucia, Fatima in Lucia's Own Words, p. 108.
16. Ibid., p. 112
17. Sister Lucia, Memoirs, p. 408.
18. Pope Pius XII, quoted in William Most, Mary in Our Life, p. 211.
19. Pope John Paul II, "Why Entrust the World to Her Immaculate Heart?" Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Jan-Feb. 1994, p. 18.
21. Pope John Paul II, "From Nuclear War Deliver Us!" Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Jan-Feb. 1994, p. 15.
23. Most Rev. Paolo Maria Hnilica, S.J., DD., "1994: The Year for Renewing Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary," Voice of the Sacred Hearts, March-April, 1994. p. 9.
24. Eudes, The Admirable Heart of Mary, p. 15.
25. Eudes, The Sacred Heart of Jesus, p. 110, p. 173 (cf. Oevres Completes, VIII. pp. 363-364.)
26. Sister Lucia, Fatima in Lucia's Own Words, p. 112 27 Sister Lucia, Memoirs, p. 408
28. John Haffert, "For the Two Hearts," Soul Magazine, Nov.-Dec., 1986, p. 17.
29. Fr. Michael O' Carroll quoted in "Alliance of the Two Hearts," Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Dec. 1995-Jan. 1996, p. 3.
Part III: CONSECRATION TO THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS AND THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
1. St. Margaret Mary, Thoughts and Sayings of St. Margaret Mary, 60, 57, 46.
2. St. John Eudes, The Admirable Heart of Mary, p. 268.
3. St. Margaret Mary, op. cit., p. 67.
4. Eudes, 22. op. cit., p. 265.
5. St. Louis de Montfort, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, 57.
6. St. Margaret Mary, op. cit., pp. 18, 68.
7. Eudes, The Sacred Heart of Jesus, p. 96.
8. St. Margaret Mary, op. cit., xiv.
9. Jean Croiset, S.J., The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, p. 198.
10. de Montfort, 22. op. cit., p. 163.
11. Ibid., pp. 164, 165.
12. Eudes, The Sacred Heart of Jesus, p. 133.
13. Margaret Trouncer, The Nun, pp. 141-142.
14. Ibid., p. 145.
15. Ibid., p. 8.
16. Sister Lucia, Memoirs, p. 337.
17. Ibid., p. 401.
18. St. Margaret Mary, op. cit., p. 8.
19. Pope Plus XII, Haurietis Aquas, #107.
20. St. Margaret Mary, op. cit., p. 66.
21. Pope Pius XII, op. cit., #22.
22. Blessed Faustina Kowalska, Divine Mercy in My Soul, # 299.
23. Ibid., #1520
24. Ibid., #330.
25. Ibid., #742.
26. Pope John Paul II, As the Third Millennium Draws Near, #52.
27. Pope St. Pius X quoted in Thoughts and Sayings of St. Margaret Mary, p. xvi.
28 Pope John Paul II, The Splendor of Truth, #107.
29 St. Margaret Mary quoted by First Friday Club of Atlanta Georgia
30 Pope Pius XII, Haurietis Aquas, #2.
1. Father Francis Larkin, Signs of Salvation, pp. 36-37.
2. Pope Benedict XV, Letter to Father Mateo, Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC. quoted in Fr. Marcel, Bouquet, The Firebrand, p. 76.
3. Ibid., p. 74.
4. Pope Benedict XV, loc. sit.
5. Pope Paul VI, Appendix of Haurietis Aquas, pp. 55-56.
1 Eudes, The Admirable Heart of Mary, p. 216.
Alacoque, St. Margaret Mary, Thoughts and Sayings of St. Margaret Mary (compiled by the Sisters of the Visitation of Paray-le-Monial), Rockford, Illinois: Tan Books and Publishers, Inc., 1986.
Bocquet, Father Marcel, SS.CC., The Firebrand, Washington, D.C.: Corda Press, 1966.
Croiset, Jean, S.J., The Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: International Institute of the Heart of Jesus, Inc., 1976.
Cronin, Father Denis J., The Love of Christ Made Manifest at Paray-leMonial, West Sussex: St. Richard's Press, 1983
DeMontfort, St. Louis-Marie, True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin, New York: Alba House, 1973.
Douay Rheims Version of the Holy Bible, New York: P.J. Kenedy and Sons.
Eudes, St. John, The Sacred. Heart of Jesus, New York: P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1946.
Eudes, St. John, The Admirable Heart of Mary, New York: P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1948.
Haffert, John M., "For the Two Hearts," Soul Magazine, Nov.-Dec., 1986, p. 17.
Hnilica, Most Rev. Paolo Maria, S.J. D.D., "1994: The Year for Renewing Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary," Voice of the Sacred Hearts, March-April, 1994, p. 9.
Kowalska, Blessed Faustina, "Divine Mercy in My Soul, " Stockbridge, MA: Marian Press, 1987.
Larkin, Father Francis, SS.CC., Signs of Salvation, Orlando, Florida: Reconciliation Press, 1975.
Larkin, Father Francis, SS.CC., Understanding the Heart, Orlando, Florida: Sacred Heart Center.
McGratty, Rev. Arthur R., S.J., The Sacred Heart Yesterday and Today, New York: Benziger Brothers, Inc., 1951.
Most, William G., Mary in Our Life, New York: P.J. Kenedy and Sons, 1954.
Norris, Richard A., Jr. (Translator and editor), The Christological Controversy, (discourse on the Council of Chalcedon), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Fortress Press, 1980.
O'Carroll, Fr. Michael quoted in "Alliance of the Two Hearts," Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Dec. 1995-Jan. 1996., p. 3.
O'Rafferty, Rev. Nicholas, Discourses on Our Lady, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Bruce Publishing Co., 1948.
Pope John Paul II, As the Third Millennium Draws Near, New Hope, Kentucky: Inside the Vatican, St. Martin De Porres Lay Dominican Community Printshop, 1995.
Pope John Paul II, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, New York, Alfred A. Knopf, 1994.
Pope John Paul II, Letter of John Paul II on the Sacred Heart on the Occasion of the Third Centenary of the Death of St. Margaret Mary, from the Vatican, 1990.
Pope John Paul II, "From Nuclear War Deliver Us!" Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Jan-Feb, 1994, p. 15.
Pope John Paul II, The Splendor of Truth, Boston, Massachusetts: Pauline Books and Media, 1993.
Pope John Paul II, "Why Entrust the World to Her Immaculate Heart?" Voice of the Sacred Hearts, Jan-Feb. 1994, p. 18.
Pope Paul VI, Appendix of Haurietis Aquas, Orlando, Florida: Sacred Heart Publication Center, 1974.
Pope Pius XII, Haurietis Aquas, (revised edition by Fr. Francis Larkin) Orlando, Florida: Sacred Heart Publication Center, 1974.
Sister Lucia, Memoirs.
Sister Lucia, Fatima in Lucia's Own Words, Fatima, Portugal: Postulation Center, 1976.
Trouncer, Margaret, The Nun, New York: All Saints Press Book, 1965.
Villar, Dr. IIdefonso Rodriques, Ph.D. (Adapted from the Spanish by Emiliano Martin, S.J.), To Jesus Through Mary (from the book Meditaciones Sobre la Santisima Virgen Maria), Cebu City, Philippines: Sacred Heart School, P.O. Box 229, 1962.
This Version: 6th May 2003